About Antalya
startseite
Select language Select language Select language Select language Select language Select language

About Antalya

With its history, sea, cultural assets and high quality tourism facilities, Antalya is known as the capital of Tutkish tourism. With Belek, Kemer, Side-Manavgat, Alanya, Lara-Kunda, and Kaş tourism centers, Antalya hosts more than 10 million foreign quests every year. Along with a cultural heritage deeply rooted in history, Antalya’s coves and highlands of unique beauty, pristine beaches, comfortable hotels and marinas, colourful entertainment venues, and art-filled festivals all make it a tourist destination that offers endless possibilities to its guests. These include the pleasure of sunbathing from sunrise to sunset; the natural thrill of outdoor sports in the grip of mother nature; the excitement of discovering national parks with their rich flora and fauna, ancient cities, museums and Kaleiçi; the mystery of the mountains and the peaceful Mediterranean coves drawing you away; the romance of watching an opera outdoors under the stars at night; sampling the unique delicacies of Turkish cuisine and enjoying the party scene. Meeting the hospitable people of Antalya is just another part of the pleasant holiday experience.  

History

It is uncertain when the site of the current city was first inhabited. Attalos II, king of Pergamon, is believed to have founded the city around 150 BC, naming it Attalia and selecting it as a naval base for his powerful fleet. However, excavations in 2008 in the Doğu Garajı district have uncovered remains dating to the 3rd century BC, suggesting that the city was founded earlier than previously supposed. Antalya became part of the Roman Republic in 133 BC when King Attalos III of Pergamon willed his kingdom to Rome at his death. The city grew and prospered during the Ancient Roman period.

Christianity started to spread in the region after 2nd century. Antalya was visited byPaul of Tarsus, as recorded in the Acts of the Apostles: "From Perga, Paul and Barnabas went down to Attalia and sailed from there to Antioch after preaching in Pisidia and Pamphylia" (Acts 14:25-26).

The city and the surrounding region were conquered by the Seljuk Turks in the early 13th century. Antalya was the capital of the Turkish bey of Teke (1321–1423) until its conquest by the Ottomans except Cypriot rule between 1361 and 1373. The Arabic traveler Ibn Battuta, who visited the city in 1335-1340 noted that Antalya was a major city in the Byzantine Empire. It was the capital of the Byzantine Theme of Carabisiani (Θέμα Kαραβησιάνων, Thema Karavēsianōn), which occupied the southern coasts of Anatolia and the Aegean Islands. At the time of the accession of John II Comnenus in 1118 it was an isolated outpost surrounded by Turkish governors, accessible only by sea.

From Alanya to Antaliya (Adalia), a most beautiful city, covers an immense area, and though of vast bulk is one of the most attractive towns to be seen anywhere, besides being exceedingly populous and well laid out. Each section of the inhabitants lives in a separate quarter. The Christian merchants live in a quarter of the town known as the Mina (the Port), and are surrounded by a wall, the gates of which are shut upon them from without at night and during the Friday service. The Greeks, who were its former inhabitants, live by themselves in another quarter, the Jews in another, and the king and his court and Mamluks in another, each of these quarters being walled off likewise. The rest of the Muslims live in the main city. Round the whole town and all the quarters mentioned there is another great wall. The town contains orchards and produces fine fruits, including an admirable kind of apricot, called by them Qamar ad-Din, which has a sweet almond in its kernel. This fruit is dried and exported to Egypt, where it is regarded as a great luxury.

In the second half of the 17th century Evliya Çelebi wrote of a city of narrow streets containing 3,000 houses in 20 Turkish and four Greek neighborhoods. The town had grown beyond the city walls and the port was reported to hold up to 200 boats.

In the 20th century the population of Antalya increased as Turks from the Caucasus and the Balkans moved into Anatolia. By 1911 it was a city of about 25,000 people, including many Christians and Jews, still living in separate quarters around the walled mina or port. The economy was centered on its port that served the inland areas, particularly Konya. Antalya (then Adalia) was picturesque rather than modern. The chief attraction for visitors was the city wall, and outside a promenade, a portion of which survives. The government offices and the houses of the higher classes were outside the walls. In the 19th century, in common with most of Anatolia, its sovereign was a "dere bey" (land lord or landowner). The family of Tekke Oğlu, domiciled near Perge had been reduced to submission in 1812 by Mahmud II, but continued to be a rival power to the Ottoman governor until within the present generation, surviving by many years the fall of the other great beys of Anatolia. The records of the Levant (Turkey) Company, which maintained an agency in Antalya until 1825, documented the local brook of beys.

The city was occupied by the Italians from the end of the First World War until the founding of the Turkish Republic in 1923. Large-scale development beginning in the 1970s transformed Antalya from a pastoral town into one of Turkey's largest metropolitan areas. Much of this has been due to tourism, which expanded in the 21st century.

Climate

The area is shielded from the northerly winds by the Taurus Mountains. Antalya has a Mediterranean climate with hot and dry summers and mild and rainy winters. Around 300 days of the year are sunny, with over 3000 hours of sunlight per year. The sea temperature ranges between 15 °C (59 °F) in winter and 28 °C (82 °F) in summer. The air temperature reaches high of up to 45 °C(113 °F) in July and lows down to −4 °C (25 °F) in February - the average temperature is in the low to mid 30 °C (86 °F).

Atatürk Museum

At the beginning of March 1930, Ataturk was in Izmir. The weather was becoming very cold. Ataturk thought of taking a rest for a week in Antalya's warm weather. On 5 March 1930, he departed from Izmir to Antalya. Passing through Isparta and Burdur, he arrived in Antalya in the afternoon on 6 March 1930. From the village of Kepez to the city, the people had filled out both sides of the road to see and cheer for the great leader. At 16:00 hours, Ataturk arrived at Tophane square. The villa where he was going to stay was presented to him as a gift by the people of Antalya. The ground in front of the villa was crowded with people. After resting for a short time in the villa, Ataturk came out to the balcony, made a short speech and thanked to the people of Antalya. The same night, he went to the Turkish Nationalist Club and discussed with the youth on the country's problems. Towards midnight he went back to the villa for rest.


Ataturk had stayed a whole week in Antalya until 12 March 1930 morning. During this time, he went about to various places. He visited museums, historical ruins, citrus gardens and talked with producers. After a week's rest, on 12 March at 10:00 hours in the morning, he returned to Ankara. 

The next year, Ataturk, again, arrived in Antalya on 10 February 1931 at noon with the Ege steamboat, while passing through the shores of Aegean and Mediterranean seas, and went to Silifke without staying there. The third and the last time of Ataturk's arrival in Antalya occurred in February 1935. Ataturk had departed from Izmir on 16 February 1935, with the Ege steamboat and arrived at the Antalya pier on Monday at 13:30 hours, 18 February 1935. His sister Makbule Atadan, Ms. Nebile, Professor Afet Inan, Fahrettin Altay, Nuri Conker, Cevat Abbas Gurer, his aides and others were accompanying him. Arriving at his villa directly from the pier with a barouche, he rested until the evening. After spending the night in the villa, the next evening at 22:30 hours, he departed for Tasucu town with the Ege steamboat.


The Ataturk villa that the people of Antalya had presented to him, is a two-storey stone building with clay tile roof. There is a long hall at the entrance. At the right side of the hall, there is a living room, a room, a bathroom and a kitchen situated. At the left side, there are two rooms and stairs going up to the first floor. On the first floor, apart from the hall, there are seven rooms, one of which had a balcony. Ataturk had slept in the room across the stairs.


After the death of Ataturk, the Antalya Ataturk Villa was transferred to the Private Administration and used as Night School of Crafts for Girls and The Institute for Girls in 1939. In 1952, the villa was handed over to the Ministry of Agriculture and used as the office of the Directorate of Technical Agriculture until 1980. After 1980, it was transferred to the Ministry of Culture, restored and opened to the public as the Ataturk Museum.

Termessos

The ruined city of Termessos, lying 34km west of Antalya, in a rugged mountain valley, was founded by the Solymi people, from the interior of Anatolia. Among the important remains are, the 4200-seat theatre and the Roman stele that Augustus had built at the beginning of the first century AD. The Odeon and the covered meeting hall, has seating for 600 people. The five interconnecting underground cisterns were used for the storage of water and olive oil.

Other important remains include the Agora, with an open western side and other sides colonnaded; the heroic memorial of Hereon on top of a 6-metre high platform. There also exists a Corinthian-style temple, the Temple of Zeus, the Lesser and Greater Temples of Artemis, the gymnasium and the watch towers. In addition to this, there are more than 1200 rock tombs.

 

Archaeology Museum

The Antalya Region has always been settled, ever since the Paleolithic Age until today. Since there are names of this region mentioned in Homer's Illiad, it is obvious that there were indigenous people called Pamphilio, living in this region around 1200 B.C. This region was ruled by the Lydian Kingdom, followed by the Persians and then by Alexander the Great. The western part of Pamphillia was acquired by the King Attalos II of Pergarnon in the 2nd century B.C., and the king founded a city on the western coast of the Mediterranean Sea and gave his name to the city, 'Attalia' (today's Antalya). The city was subjected to the Roman Empire after death of Attalos III, and to the Byzantine Empire beginning from the 4th century. As of the Seljuks' conquest of the city in 1207, the Turkish-Islamic period began and the region came under the sovereignty of the Ottoman State towards the end of the 14th century.

 


A Short History of The Museum

At the end of the First World War, during the time when Antalya was being occupied by the Italian military, Italian archeologists had started to move archeological treasures that had been found in the central or the surrounding areas, to the Italian Embassy, which they claimed to do in the name of civilization. To prevent these initiatives, Suleyman Fikri Bey, the Sultani teacher, applied for the Antalya post and for the jurisdiction of the provincial Governor in 1919, and later had himself appointed as the voluntary officer of antiquities. He first tried to establish the Antalya Museum by collecting what remained in the center.


Initially, the museum operated in the Alâeddin Mosque, in 1922. The museum was later moved to the Yivli Mosque beginning from 1937, before it moved to its present location in the year 1972. It was closed to visitors to allow for a wide range of modifications and restorations which were made in 1982. It was reorganized in an attempt to follow a modern approach for a museum, and was once again opened to the public in April 1985, after the restorations and display arrangements had been made by the General Directorate of Ancient Objects and Museums.


The museum contains 13 display halls, a children's section and open galleries. The objects belonging specifically to the region, are generally presented chronologically and according to their subjects.


Natural History And Prehistory Hall

In addition to the three display windows, in which the fossils of geological periods are presented, the chipped gravel, hand axes, diggers, bone tools found in the Karain Cave and stratigraphies from pre-Paleolithic period to Roman period are presented.


Karain is a cave located 27 km northwest of Antalya and at the foot of Sam Mountain. Besides the remains which have been found in the 10,5 m thick soil fillings dating from the Paleolithic Period, there are also the tooth and skeleton remains of Neanderthal human beings that had lived in the Mesolithic Period.


Semayuk is the only center representing the Early Bronze Age. Most of the artifacts were found in graves, including pots of various sizes, seals, brush handles, idols, and especially gifts for the dead. An interesting landmark is the grave made of a big earthenware jar. The most interesting side of this kind of burial, is the placing of the corpse in the earthenware jar in the position of a baby in the womb of a mother.


The Hall of Small Works-I

The technical developments of ceramic art after the invention of the pottery wheel, vase forms and different embellishment styles are presented dating from 12th B.C. to 3rd B.C. periods.


The two display windows in this section are for the interesting finds of make-up materials and accessories.


The Hall of Gods

The statues of the Gods in the hall include the God Zeus (the main God in ancient mythology) surrounded by Aphrodite, Tykne, Athena, Nemesis, Itygieia, Hermes and Dioskurs. On the opposite side, there are the Gods Serapis, Isis and his son Harpo, all of which are of Egyptian origin. The statues are the Roman copies of their Greek original, dating back to the 2nd century A.D., and all of them were found during the Perge excavations.


The Hall of Small Artefacts-II

The selected artefacts of different cultural phases dating from 4 B.C. to 6 A.D. are presented in the display window. The vase presented to the Princess of Egypt, Benerike, the Athena engraved on silver plate, bronze Statues of Apollo and Hercules, the head of Attis, the marble Statue of Priapus representing fertility, the earthenware and marble statues are the hall's exhibits of outstanding value.


In the underwater display window, there are objects that were found in ancient sunken ships.


The Hall of Emperors

The most beautiful examples of portraits, representing the main character of Roman sculpture, are presented in this hall. All of the statues were found in the Perge excavations.


There are many statues of 2nd to 3rd centuries, because the most magnificent period of the region's historical development was during this time.


There are portrait statues of the Emperor Trajan and Hadrian, of Septimius Severus, Sabina, Faustina, Julia Domina, Julia Soemias, Plankia Magna as well as statues of the Three Beauties and also a belly dancer statue made of black and white marble.


The Hall of Burial Culture

The two-walled tombs in the hall belong to Domitias Filickas and his family. On the cover, the wife and husband are shown in a lying position. The Erases on the corners symbolize the happiness of a family. The other important walled tomb, dates from 2 A.D., is the tomb dedicated to Hercules.


Appropriate to the original positions, grave steles sprinkled on the soil ground and ash pots are presented in the hall.


The Halls of Mosaics And Icons

The most important of the mosaics in the museum is the Mosaic of Philosophers, which was found in the Seleukeia excavation and on the border of which the names of famous thinkers of antiquity, such as Solon. Tukyclides, Lykurgos, Heredot, Demosthenes, Itesiodos and the names of orators, historians and mathematicians are inscribed. Another mosaic from Seleukia, depicts Orpheus charming wild animals with his flute.


There are also corners reserved for examples of local sculpture, chipping equipment and bronze sculpture techniques in this section.


The icons presented in this hall were collected from the region of Antalya, dating generally from 18th and 19th centuries.


The Hall of Coins

The 2500 year long tradition of minting coins, dating from 6th century B.C., are presented in an educational order in the hall. From these coins, the technique in which they were made can be seen clearly, and these coins are indicators of the economy at the time period. In the presentation, state coins of the Pamphilia, Pisidio, Likia regions, and generally regional coins of the chronological order of Classic, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk ages and the Ottoman period are the main focus.

There are also gold and silver hoards in this section.


Etnography Halls

The ethnography section of our museum comprises two big halls and a passage combining these halls.


In the first hall, chinaware, porcelains, religious artefacts, insignia, seals, charms, watches, ornamental objects, locks, keys and clothes are presented.


The chinaware is from Seljuk and Ottoman periods. The Seljuk chinaware was brought from Aspendos and there is also the Kubadabat style with objects crafted in the 'Siralti' technique in the middle of 13th century.


The Ottoman chinaware in square panel forms present examples of Iznik artisanship from 15th to 18th centuries.

Five porcelain plates were produced at the Yildiz Factory, which operated for a short time till the end of 1920.


Religious artefacts are objects that can always be seen in all of the regions of Anatolia. But the Seljuk Qur'an, which is claimed to be a regional work of art has a special importance.


Signs, seals, charms and watches are presented in one of the display windows. The charms are spell binding prayers and these charms are used for different purposes.


The ornamental objects are the best examples of accessories still used in Antalya.


There are also keys and locks presented as quality artisanship.


Clothes, purple velvets embroidered with silver tread and Yoruk (nomad) materials can be examined in two sections. Yoruk clothes, socks, baggy trousers, long robes worn over baggy trousers, undershirts, purses, girdles and caps can all be examined.

In the section ensuring the passage to the 2nd hall there are inscription plates, such as hilyes, naats, icazets and katigs of our calligraphers.


The second hall is formed of four sections of carpets, Yoruk materials, interiors and guns.


Besides the regional artefacts and materials in this hall, the carpets of Usak, Gordes, Ladik, Mucur, Bergama, Kula and Avonos are presented. The oldest carpet in our carpet collection is an Usak carpet of the 16th century.


The Dosemealti carpet has an important place in the ethnographical objects of the region. Dosemealti is the name of a place in the northeastern part of Antalya District. The 'Halelli' carpets are the oldest and traditional examples of the carpets among Dosemealti carpets. These works are of nomad character and small in size. The sacks, saddle boas, igliks, prayer rugs, sills, cicims, sumaks which show the rug techniques of Antalya region are presented with black tents as Yoruk artisanship.


A part of the hall is reserved for a living, sleeping and bath rooms of a modest Antalya home.


In a part of the display windows, arrows, bows, knives, guns and rifles with flint stones and swords, equipment of dervish lodges, powder flasks, powder scales, and oil cans and also guns and supporting materials are presented.


Besides this, the scales, goat hair spindles and counters such as Culfalik, musical instruments and spoons can be emphasized as local tools and artefacts.


The pipe with cover, Yoruk and zerk kemence (a string-bow instrument) and the flute made from an eagle's wing bone are interesting artefacts.


Spoons from Bademli village of Cevizli of Akseki are presented from their design phase to their completed and organized forms.

Children's Section

A hall in the entrance of our museum was organized as a Children's Museum, which is the first of its kind in our country.

In the display windows of this section are various children's toys and antique moneyboxes.


Simple restorations, and educational activity oportunities for ceramic sculpture and drawing are provided and their works are presented in the studio section, in order to make the children enjoy museums, antique objects and to awaken their interest.

Golf Club: the Pasha and PGA Sultan

THE PASHA 

Holes: 18 | Metres: 5731 | Par: 72 | Handicap Men: 28 | Handicap Ladies: 36

 

PGA SULTAN COURSE 

Holes: 18 | Metres: 6477 | Par: 71 | Handicap Men: 24 | Handicap Ladies: 28

 

Antalya Golf Club, Belek, is one of the most popular golf clubs in Turkey, with two outstanding golf courses. Both the Pasha and PGA Sultan are regularly rated in the top 5 courses in Belek, with the PGA Sultan course often in the number one spot. The Pasha: At an inviting 5731 meters par 72, it may be a surprise to hear that the Pasha is by no means a 'holiday' course. Far from easy, the Pasha course presents a combination of challenges to test the high and low handicapper. Tricky dog-legs, cleverly placed bunkers and undulating greens ensure that even the seasoned golfer must think over each shot carefully. However, it is a course which can be enjoyed whatever your handicap, as the shorter length and generous fairways are kind to any wayward shots. Towering umbrella pines, crystal clear lakes and the snow capped Taurus Mountains provide a spectacular backdrop to the course as it winds its way through the forests of Belek. Indeed these peaceful surroundings are interrupted only by the call of the emblem of Antalya Golf Club, the Hoopoe birds. PGA Sultan: Opened on September 1st 2003, the PGA Sultan is designed for those golfers who enjoy a challenge. European Golf Design and David Jones spared nothing to maintain the competitive level of course, while at the same time blending it seamlessly into the forest environment. The layout is extremely well thought out, with tactical bunkers and water hazards strategically placed to deliver a real test of golfing ability. The PGA Sultan presents a difficult but ultimately very rewarding challenge. A true yardstick by which to gauge skill.

Altinbeşik Cave National Park

Altinbeşik Cave is on the western side of the steep Manavgat Hill, 7km from Ibradi (Aydınkent) district of Antalya, and 5 km southeast of Urunlu village. The National Park is accessible via the Antalya - Ibradi - Urunlu road, then a one-hour walk from Urunlu to the cave.

Altinbeşik Cave is a horizontal and partly active cave system, and its name comes from the Altinbeşik Hill, on the upper side of the cave. This region of the Taurus Mountains has a very complex geological and geomorphologic structure with geological overlaps, large twists and deep valleys. 
The cave was carved into old limestone in the upper Creosote.

Bey Mountains Shore National Park

The park is in the west of Antalya, and 30km northeast of Finike. The park crosses the Antalya - Kemer - Kumluca state highway. The road is part of the Mersin - Antalya - Muğla sea road. 

The area is in western Taurus Mountains, with a geological structure predominantly made up of limestone and serpentine rocks, and ecological characteristics of the Mediterranean. 

The plant cover begins with peanut pines at the shore, moving on to cluster pines and black pines at higher altitudes, then cedars at 1000m. The park has a vast array of plants, with around 1000 species. Also living there are bears, wild goats, wild boars, foxes, jackals and wolves, as well as fish and birds.

In the mountains 13 km west of Olimpos, the natural gas emitting from the cracks of limestone and serpentine has been burning for thousands of years. This flame is the subject of the Bellerophon Myths, and known as the Chimaera Burning Stone.

Güllük Mountain (Termessos) National Park

The park is in 34km northwest of Antalya, in the Taurus mountains in the Korkuteli district.It can be reached via the Antalya - Korkuteli highway. 

Termessos is one of the most spectacular ruined cities in Turkey, mainly because of its stunning location. It is situated on the slopes of Güllük mountain to the north of Antalya. Its history is not clearly known, but is known to have started with Alexander the Great's arrival in 333 BC, who was then fought off. 

The city is split into three areas; downtown, city centre and the cemetery. Its best years were during the Roman Empire, and its best remains are the city walls, King's road, Harian's Gate, gymnasium, theatre, Odeon, decorated walls and cisterns.

Köprülü Canyon National Park

The park is in the mountains 49km northeast of Antalya. Köprülü Kanyon National Park is in the Manavgat district of the Antalya province. The road along the coast from Antalya to Manavgat then passes through Taşagil and Beşkonak. 

The Köprü River is ideal for rafting and camping, with trees along one side of the bank. It forms a valley between the villages of Bolasan and Beşkonak, the walls of which are as high as 100m, and at 14km is the longest canyon in Turkey. Pine, cypress and cedar trees form the ecosystem of the area, and the Mediterranean cypress forest, at 400 hectares wide, is the most significant flora characteristic in the park. Hunting in the area has meant that the number of species of animals has decreased, and now the most significant wildlife includes deer, mountain goats, bears, foxes, wolves, rabbits and badgers. There are plenty of trout in various branches of the River Köprü ( River Bridge ).

Kurşunlu Waterfall

Kurşunlu Waterfall is in the Central District of Antalya, in the Mediterranean region. The park is 20km northeast of Antalya, and can be reached via the Antalya - Aksu Highway, then going north at Soğucaksu Bridge along the 8km long road. 

The dense of forest area was made into a Natural Park in 1991, and the rich plant life combined with interesting water and rock formations at Kurşunlu Waterfall has created an unique natural landscape. 

The cluster pine is the dominant tree species in the area, with small groups of eastern plane, laurel, carob, wild olive, mastic, willow, fig, myrtle, oleander, blackberry, wild rose, tamarisk, spruce, kermes oak, thyme, wild mint, beech tree, bracken and ivy. On the water, there are clusters of water mint, bamboo, water chandelier, and green water lily. 

Animals like wild boar, fox, rabbit, squirrel, bat, hoopoe, woodpecker, stock dove, carp, water tortoise, snake and lizard are live in the Natural Park.

Limyra

Believed to have been in existence since the 5th century, Limyra is still in existence despite a massive earthquake that struck in the mid 19th century and despite its evacuation in the 7th and 9th centuries, following Arab invasions. The city composes of three section; the acropolis, areas of settlement, and necropolis.

Xanthos

Founded on the Xanthos river basin, Xanthos is the biggest and the most ancient city of Lycia. Having remained independent until the invasions of the Persians in 4292 B.C., Xanthos tried hard to defend against the invasions. However, upon realizing that they had been defeated, the people of Xanthos first murdered their women, then commited suicide as a whole. Afterwards, 80 families imigrating to the region, refounded the city. The re-esatblished city thenceforth strengthened its connection with the west and became an important center. However, approximately 100 years later, the city was totally destroyed by a great fire, despite it being an importan center. 

The city was founded around center of Lycia and outside it, were the remains of a Roman city center. The Roman theater and the findings at the west side of the theater still attracts the visitors. Only the duplication of the work of art, the original of which is on exhibited in British Museum in England, can be seen in the region.

Faith Tourism

Yivli Minaret (Alaaddin Mosque, Center) 


It is in the city center of Antalya. It is the minaret of Alaaddin Mosque, which was converted into a mosque in 1230 by Seljuk Sultan, Alaaddin Keykubad.Catching one's eyes at the first look, Yivli Minaret considered as a symbol of the city. As its structure is cut up into slices by bricks, and constructed with 8 pieces of semi - cylindrical shape, it is named as Yivli Minaret. Very thick body had gained an aesthetic structure due to these grooves. Turquoise and dark blue colored Allah and Mohammad words are written to every direction of the floor.

Kesik Minare Mosque (Korkut Mosque - Cami - i Kebir, Center)


Seljuk Period piece of art, the mosque was previously constructed as Panagelia Church in the name of Virgin Mary by Byzantium during 5th A.D., and turned into a mosque by Sehzade Korkut during Bayezit II. It is also known as Korkut Mosque or Cami-i Kebir due to this reason. It is renamed as Kesik Minaret as the mosque was destructed after the a fire in 1851.

Kale Mosque (Sultan Suleyman Mosque, Alanya)


It is at west side of the shipyard of Alanya. It was constructed by Seljuk Sultan, Alaaddin Keykubad I. As it was re-constructed by Sultan Suleyman between 1530 and 1566, it is also known as Sultan Suleyman Mosque.

Saint Nicholas Church (Kale - Demre)


Myra (Demre) is known as the place where Saint Nicholas, known as Santa Claus (Father Christmas) in Christianity world, had performed his duty as a bishop. Moreover the church was constructed during 6th century as a memorial to Saint Nicholas after his death. Some remnants of Saint Nicholas tomb which has been stolen to Bari city by Italian sailors during the second half of our century are currently exhibited in the Antalya Museum. International Santa Claus (Father Christmas) Festival organized every year in Kale(Demre) and Kas between December 6-8 turn into a symposium where foreigners have also participated in Antalya recently.

Aya Yorgi Church (Alanya)
It is thought that the church within the Alanya Castle, was constructed by Byzantium during VIth century A. D.

Saklıkent

Saklıkent Ski Resort :Saklıkent is 50km west of the centre of Antalya, in the Beydağ mountain range, with an altitude of 2550m. Because of its close proximity to Antalya, it is one of the few places in the world that people can ski in the mornings, then swim in the sea in the afternoon. 
Arrival: The resort can be reached from the centre of Antalya by bus, taxi or a hotel service vehicle in one hour. 
Geography: The altitude for the skiing areas is between 2000-2400m, with a snow depth between 0.5-1m and a short season. 
Facilities: There is a pension with 14 beds, a restaurant, café and local coffee-houses. There are two T-bars, and two ski runs at easy/moderate level

Click this page for more information about Turkey and Antalya

http://www.goturkey.com/en

http://www.goturkey.com/en/welcome/search?search=antalya    

Contact

Akdeniz University Hospital
International Patients Department
Dumlupınar Boulevard Campus
07059 Konyaalti/Antalya
Turkey

 

+90 242 227 27 52
+90 242 227 27 53

info@akdenizuniversityhospital.com

 

Contact us

Office hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(Turkey Time)